Virgin Ears
What is true
When is appropriate
Where to look
Why the doubt
Which is good
Who is beautiful
How to choose
------------------------

I find it very amusing to have girly roommates or friends. Dressing up is just another game. That's what fancy balls and proms are for. But for some, everyday is a ball; everyday is a dress up day. (I am NOT rolling my eyes...promise..)
"Should I wear this pair of earrings...or should I wear this pair?"
"Wear the blue ones, they go well with your blouse."
"Ok."
Moments later...
"Should I wear these shoes, or the brown ones?"
"I like these black ones you're wearing."
"Yeah, but they don't really match my outfit...I think I'll wear the brown ones..."
My roommate amuses me that way.
How in the world did those black shoes mismatch? I don't know...I only have one pair of sneakers, flip flops, a pair of black dance shoes...and a pair of green slippers I found at the beach a few months ago...!
I wake up 20 minutes before class, say my prayer, go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, splash water on my face, brush my hair, put on some clothes and sweaters, pack my school bag, grab a granola bar, and leave the house.
Sad? Well, at least I remember to look in the mirror most of the time. Of course, mirrors are all over my apartment...but really, how often do you REALLY look in the mirror when you look at the mirror 7:45 in the morning? I see myself in the mirror every morning, but I'm not sure how often I checked myself properly...I guess that's why we hear those funny stories about someone walking in the streets with a shower cap still on, or their pants missing or something =)
Anyway, dressing up is fun. I have my girly days too, maybe just not as often as others do. I think that's why I need cool roommates like Jessica or Fei, and a mom that sends me cute outfits on special occasions.
So why am I talking about this? Uh.....ummm....well, it all started on Monday when I got distracted during my Theatre 114 class lecture and started playing with words and phrases on a piece of scratch paper. So I had a little fun and wrote the Who what when where why which how phrases.
And then tonight, my Hall (Hale) had an activity and we made earrings. I love making things (that's MY girly girl side there!). So I made 2 pairs of earrings (eventhough I have virgin ears and don't plan to punch holes in my ears any time soon). And these earrings reminded me of the time I helped my roommate pick out which earrings to wear.
So anyway, one of you lucky girls (or boys) just might inherit one of those pairs of earrings in the picture above! I only make earrings to give them away! ;-)
AND if one day you happen to find me walking around campus with a shower cap on...you'll know why...

4 Comments:
Hmm I say PIERCE THE EARS!!! ohh dont worry cyndy wont do it either. hehe mine are pierced. But i forget to wear earrings and when i do it is usually simple studs (haha even special occasion my silver studs are what i use)
YOU have fun and you wear those shower caps all you want!
LOVES!
When you were little
When time was always short on Sunday morning
And there was no long mirror at the door
I went to church
With different shoes on each feet
p/s I'm not a dummy
That's awesome that you made some earrings. Girly girl times are rare for me too. Still no holes in the old earlobes, but I've been considering getting my ear pierced for a while now. I guess I just need to do it. You know, I love getting some insight on Provo and really just another facet of American culture. I keep forgetting that Hawaiian culture is not the dominant American culture nor is it practiced in many other places.
Enjoy the snow for me. Like make a snowman or something. ;)
Love ya.
I never thought of getting my ears pierced either. Until I went to BYU and was at the mall. And at that moment I realized that I was over 18 and didn't need a parental signature to get it and they didn't want me to get it done. But turns out it they didn't really object to it... so I only got a momentary thrill of being a rebel out of it. oh well, now I'm an earring fiend. So, if you want to save some $$$ don't do it! ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home