Saturday, February 10, 2007

WEEK 2

Tuesdays are often the highlight of the week here in the MTC. We have weekly devotionals as a whole MTC and once in a while we get to hear from prophets and apostles of the Lord. This past Tuesday Elder Richard G. SCott spoke on prayer. I remember feeling eager to go back to our dorm room because I wanted to pour out my heart to Heavenly Father and thank Him for prayer and for prophets and apostles! Prayer is such a blessing in my life. It is through prayer that I have received comfort, counsel, joy, confirmations, and sacred communication with a loving Father in Heaven.

After the devotional, Elder Scott was kind enough to stay and shake almost EVERY missionary's hand. It was an answer to my prayer as I shook hands with an apostle that night. Even though I missed my chance a week ago at the San Francisco airport, I was given a second chance here at the MTC and met another great apostle of the Lord- Elder Scott!

I know our Heavenly Father loves us and He hears and answers our prayers. He is infinite in His wisdom and knows our every need and the desires of our hearts. If we excercise faith in Him and in His plan for us, we will be able to reach our fullest potential and become like Him. What a great promise for all of us! I love you!!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger rae said...

i love these updates!! keep them coming! :)

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 11:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home