Friday, February 16, 2007

WEEK 3

Two more weeks left in the MTC!! I am loving it here and learning a lot and I love my companion Sister Cutler! Last I heard from the MTC is that I will be going to visitors center training on Wedneseday the 21st of February and I leave first thing in the morning on the 28th of February to Oakland, California.

Last Sunday I had the opportunity to speak at Sacrament Meeting in Chinese- my very first talk in Chinese! I took 2-3 hours to prepare a 3-minute talk! The topic was on baptism, and I used a key as an object lesson. Nobody knew how to say key in Chinese except me, but I think they got the spirit of the message and enjoyed it. At relief society, we got to hear from Sister Susan B. Tanner- the general Young Women's President. She talked about the Holy Ghost and recognizing the Spirit and its promptings. It was a really good lesson. I know I will need to apply a lot of the things on my mission and throughout my life.

On Tuesday, Sister Cutler and I sang in the MTC choir- Be Still My Soul. That is my favorite song. Elder and Sister Richard Hinckley spoke that night and it was a great opportunity to sing to the prophet's son. Elder Hinckley also gave a report on President Hinckley's health. He said that President Hinckley turns 97 years old this June. He said that we probably will have a different prophet by the ends of our missions considering that two years from now he will be turning 99 years old!That is a ripe old age. What a great prophet President Gordon B. HInckley is! Heavenly Father has blessed us with a great man to lead us these last days. We must treasure every word of wisdom this prophet gives us for it comes from the Lord.

Wednesday was a fun day- guess what day it was!?! All of the elders and sisters in my district wore red ties and red outfits. We got packages from loved ones and wrote letters to dear ones. I had a very good week in the MTC. I think I say that every week, but that is the life of a missionary of the Lord. I love you all. Happy Valentines Day!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home