WEEK 15
Last Thursday on the 10th of May, I celebrated my 100th day anniversary on the mission =) hehe..I didn't do anything special on that day really, but thinking about it now, I can't believe we are half way through May and it's June soon, which means half the year 2007 has almost gone by! Wow! So is anyone else feeling like time is going by too fast?
In a "Sharing the Gospel" class I took in BYU last year, our teacher, Brother Bott, always said that a mission is like a roller-coaster ride. The ups of life are really high and the downs are really low and it goes up and down in these extremes everyday. The reason why, is that you are fitting 50 years of service in the church in 18 months or 2 years! It's so true! This week has been especially so. I can't even start to share a hundredth part of the happenings within this week. But I must say, that I have grown a lot from the gazillion things that happened this week and I hope that I am a better missionary now than I was just 7 days ago!
On Saturday, Sister Daniels and I prepared to help a young man set a baptismal date. He does not believe in God and hesitates to find out if God really does exist. But he has been reading from the Book of Mormon consistently and allows us to share with him the teachings of the Church. We have been praying over this matter a lot and felt that he was ready to be challenged once more to read the Book of Mormon with a purpose to know if these things are true, and if it is true, then to be baptized. He realizes that baptism is a huge commitment, but if he finds out that what we are teaching him is true, then baptism is a step to show God that he is willing to follow in His ways. The date is July 1st. And he committed.
Sister Daniels and I have never set a baptismal date with an investigator before. It took a lot of faith and trust in the Spirit as it confirmed to us to extend this young man the invitation to be baptized. As we bore testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel, the spirit bore witness to him that this was the right thing to do,
One of my favorite chapters in the book "Preach My Gospel" is Chapter 4 – Recognize the Spirit. On page 94, there is a quote by President Hinckley that I love. He said:
"Every morning…, missionaries should get on their knees and plead with the Lord to loosen their tongues and speak through them to the blessing of those they will be teaching. If they will do this, a new light will come into their lives. There will be greater enthusiasm for the work. They will come to know that in a very real sense, they are servants of the Lord speaking in His behalf. They will find a different response from those they teach. As they do so by the Spirit, Their investigators will respond under the influence of the same Spirit." (President Gordon B. Hinckley "Missionary Service," First Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting, 11 Jan 2003, 20)
This week Sister Daniels and I experienced something we never experienced before. As we applied this wise counsel from the prophet, we saw many little miracles in the work this week…We had a miracle new investigator, we taught sacred lessons in the Visitor's Center and out in the area…Much is yet to be done, much is yet to be improved on, but Heavenly Father never ceases to bless us and strengthen us in this joyous labor of love.
In a "Sharing the Gospel" class I took in BYU last year, our teacher, Brother Bott, always said that a mission is like a roller-coaster ride. The ups of life are really high and the downs are really low and it goes up and down in these extremes everyday. The reason why, is that you are fitting 50 years of service in the church in 18 months or 2 years! It's so true! This week has been especially so. I can't even start to share a hundredth part of the happenings within this week. But I must say, that I have grown a lot from the gazillion things that happened this week and I hope that I am a better missionary now than I was just 7 days ago!
On Saturday, Sister Daniels and I prepared to help a young man set a baptismal date. He does not believe in God and hesitates to find out if God really does exist. But he has been reading from the Book of Mormon consistently and allows us to share with him the teachings of the Church. We have been praying over this matter a lot and felt that he was ready to be challenged once more to read the Book of Mormon with a purpose to know if these things are true, and if it is true, then to be baptized. He realizes that baptism is a huge commitment, but if he finds out that what we are teaching him is true, then baptism is a step to show God that he is willing to follow in His ways. The date is July 1st. And he committed.
Sister Daniels and I have never set a baptismal date with an investigator before. It took a lot of faith and trust in the Spirit as it confirmed to us to extend this young man the invitation to be baptized. As we bore testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel, the spirit bore witness to him that this was the right thing to do,
One of my favorite chapters in the book "Preach My Gospel" is Chapter 4 – Recognize the Spirit. On page 94, there is a quote by President Hinckley that I love. He said:
"Every morning…, missionaries should get on their knees and plead with the Lord to loosen their tongues and speak through them to the blessing of those they will be teaching. If they will do this, a new light will come into their lives. There will be greater enthusiasm for the work. They will come to know that in a very real sense, they are servants of the Lord speaking in His behalf. They will find a different response from those they teach. As they do so by the Spirit, Their investigators will respond under the influence of the same Spirit." (President Gordon B. Hinckley "Missionary Service," First Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting, 11 Jan 2003, 20)
This week Sister Daniels and I experienced something we never experienced before. As we applied this wise counsel from the prophet, we saw many little miracles in the work this week…We had a miracle new investigator, we taught sacred lessons in the Visitor's Center and out in the area…Much is yet to be done, much is yet to be improved on, but Heavenly Father never ceases to bless us and strengthen us in this joyous labor of love.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home