Monday, January 07, 2008

WEEK 49

What an absolutely fabulous first week of the year 2008. Sister Hsiao and I had many opportunities this week to teach quality lessons (in Chinese) and hopefully we can help to build up the Chinese area here in Oakland. We have 2 sets of elders working along with us in the 7th branch, so we hope to one day turn this branch into a ward…maybe some 20 years down the road...it will happen =)

Yesterday I got a surprise package in the mail! I opened it with excitement as I had no idea who the Grants from Riverside Utah were or how they are connected to the Chong family…with much delight, I soon discovered a cute towel with my name beautifully stitched on with beads…and wonderful letters written by the family! Thanks mom, for that wonderful gift! It really made my day! Oh, and the best part was opening that box of ikan bilis! (dried anchovies) mmmMMMMMmmmmm….I was so excited that I used it right away to cook some soup for dinner! Sister Hsiao enjoyed the ikan bilis too =) And guess what…hehe…I couldn't wait to use my new towel the next day so I ended up using the towel as a mini blanket for the night…hehe…Thanks mom! And thanks boys, for writing those wonderful letters =)

I also got the family 2007 update CDs that dad sent. Thank you so much dad for sending those! I love it! I just watched it and boy am I impressed with Fei's swing dancing! You look GREAT out there!! I also got the Christmas Cheque and family news letter. Thank you so much!

On new years eve last Monday our mission got to watch an animation called "Rattatuoielle" I don't think I spelled that right…but it's the Disney movie that came out recently about the little rat chef. Anyways, we only get to watch a non-church movie once a year on New Year's Eve, so that was something fun we did to celebrate the New Year!

Sister Hsiao and I are having lots of fun serving together and we are doing well and healthy this time ;-) We're gonna play badminton with some other missionaries in our zone in a couple minutes, so I bid you faredywell 'till the next e-mail!

Love ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home