Wednesday, October 10, 2007

WEEK 36

This transfer, our mission has raised the bar as we prepare to make it a "wet mission." As we know, the adversary is working overtime to stop this work from rolling forward, especially when things are going REALLY good! We as missionaries are doing our best to win this war. We are trying to sanctify ourselves and become more worthy to do His work. Obedience is the first thing that is brought up, because being disobedient is the only way Satan can work through us as we cause ourselves to fall.

Remember back in transfer 1 when I talked about how the missionaries in this mission have sanctification goals? My trainer and I memorized this scripture Helaman 3:35

"Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God."

As I've tried to live this principle since my first transfer on the mission, I have seen countless blessings flow from Heaven. Fasting works, and prayers are always heard and answered by a loving Heavenly Father. Giving up the things of the world truly draws us closer to God.

Being humans, we are always trying to "put off the natural man." (Mosiah 3:19) Sometimes we stray off the path…Even just a little, can make a big difference. As a mission, when some falter, we suffer as a whole. Sometimes, it may sound like a horrible thing, but really, when change and improvement is made as a mission, it actually unifies us and helps us become ONE in God's work.
This transfer, as a mission, we have been "dis-granted" the privilege of e-mailing our families. For the next 3 weeks (or for the rest of this transfer) until Nov 4 we will not be able to use e-mail. That means you will not be hearing from me through e-mail until after Nov 4. Take this as a "sanctification process" as you will…

Of all the sacrifices made and the "giving up of the world" as part of the sanctification principle, this time, I find it to be a true test of my faith. I know that being able to e-mail doesn't really change the fact that mom will be in surgery this Oct 15. But even though I won't be able to communicate with you as efficiently for the next 3 weeks at the least, I will try my best to write the letters and mail them to you ASAP. As for Jie Jie, I guess mom or dad or the boys can scan my letters and then e-mail them to you in Beijing.
However, the letters from Malaysia and Singapore arrive to California slower, so I will give you Elder and Sister Pedersen's e-mail address just in case, and you can e-mail me through them. The Pedersens are the Directors of the Oakland Temple Visitors' Center. They are a WONDERFUL couple!

Catherine and Robert Pedersen:
cbp@delsol.com

The Visitors' Center number is (510) 531-1475
The mission office number is (510) 531-3880
President Beck's number is (510) 499-7012
Sister Beck's number is (510) 499 7013

Okay, I'm just giving you these just in case you need them...

I love you all and THANK YOU for all the AWESOME presents!!!!! I had District meeting on my birthday, so they sang me a birthday song and I got banana cream pie as my cake! Haha…(ps. I don't like cream pies…oh well..hehe..but they were so sweet in making one for me!) I got dad's letter and CD present in the mail Wednesday night Oct 3, and I loved it so much I slept with it next to my pillow! Haha…did you know that the Malaysian and Singaporean stamps glow in the dark?! I didn't know that until last Wednesday!! =)
And on my birthday I got the huge package from mom through the Merrits! In it were 2 beautiful sweaters, 3 music books (including Women at the Well!!!) a bag of Malaysian curry packets, and a pack of instant Milo from Nat and Rie! Woohoo! Congrats on your wedding =) The elders also got me a squirt gun and an extended hand that can grab objects which I now call "the claw." I will show you pictures next time!
Yesterday Oct 9 was Zone Conference and I got 2 more special packages from Utah ;-) One was the new Chinese Book of Mormon. The other had a TON of scrap booking stuff that I absolutely love!! Lots of special cutting scissors and hole-punchers and stickers and colored paper.
Thank you thank you everyone!
Okay, time is up….sniff…Happy Birthday to Han (Oct 19), and Ray (Nov 2), and Shuan (Nov 8) in advance since I won't be able to e-mail until after Nov 4!

I LOVE YOU soooooooooooo much!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home