WEEK 67
One of my favorite part of this Zone Conference actually had little to do with our training on "Member Work." Our Visitors' Center director, Elder Pedersen, spoke at our Conference this transfer, and we got to watch "A Pioneer Miracle" movie again. Many of the missionaries at this Zone Coneference had not seen this short film before, so they were all very touched by this film. At the closing session of this conference, we had the opportunity to hear the testimonies of the departing missionaries. One of the Elders shared with us about how this film reminded him of a similar experience his mother had a few year after she had joined the church in her late teens. She was the only member of the church in her family. One day she got into a pretty bad argument with her parents, and she left the house feeling really upset and discouraged. As she sat in a secluded place, she was suddenly encircled by 12 beings, they each encouraged her and they told her to hang on to the gospel. Just hold on. After they prompted her to stay in the gospel, they departed and left her renewed and comforted.
I really love this scripture in D&C 84:88. When I was about 16 yrs old, there was a sister missionary in our branch that wrote me a cute letter/note and she wrote this scripture which was the first time I had ever read it and I immediatley loved this scripture. This scripture had been in the back of my mind throughout the years as I prepared to serve a mission since the day I received my Patriarchal Blessing. Having come on a mission now, I know even more this scripture to be true:
"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."
There is much work involved on the other side of the veil in helping those on this earth to receive the restored gospel, as well as in helping those who are preaching this restored gospel.
Alma 13:24
"For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory."
I am grateful to have this privilege to be part of this great work. I know that the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ is here on the earth. President Thomas S Monson is the prophet of God. It is a privilege and blessing to be able to wear the name tag bearing our Savior's name, to represent Him everyday in Oakland. Sharing the gospel is one of the happiest work we can be involved in!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home