WEEK 59
"I hope your coming week will be filled with experiences that will either make you laugh or make you marvel at Heavenly Father's love for you."
That reminded me to share with you a small experience about a week and a half ago that made me marvel at Heavenly Father's love for me.
You know that recently I have felt the weight of many many heavy responsibilities upon my shoulders. Two Fridays ago I happened to receive 3 letters in the mail. This is rather unusual to receive so many letters at once, especially since I'm not very consistent at writing very many people on my mission ;-P
I opened up all three letters and one was from Sister Tiffany Lai who sent me 2 letters that she had written last year - one in March and one in October for my birthday. I couldn't stop grinning as I thought of how much effort she made to write me,and even though she didn't get to send those letters right after she wrote them, I'm grateful she waited till Mar 2008 to send these letters cuz I needed it at this time!
Next was a letter from Rendy. Attached to this letter was a copy of a General Conference talk given by President Eyring in Oct 2002 titled "Rise to Your Call." Rendy had carefully highlighted and marked parts of the talk. As I read and studied this inspired talk, I learned so much from President Eyring's wisdom, knowledge, and testimony. I know this Conference talk was truly inspired! We are so blessed to have Elder Eyring as one of our leaders. He is a great example of a true disciple of the Lord!
The last letter was from Sister Keshia Lai (Serving in Taipei,Taiwan) Inside the big envolope was a small home-made card with a short powerful note/message. It simply said "Dear Sister Chong, I don't know why but I've been thinking of you lately and hope that you and your family are doing just great......" After I read this short note-card, I immediately felt an overwhelming sense of peace and gratitude for these wonderful friends that my Heavenly Father has placed in my path while I was at BYU.
I marveled this week at how I felt Heavenly Father's love for me through these special spirits. Even though I didn't know it at the time, but Heavenly Father knew that on this particular day, these simple letters could give me strength to press on & move forward with faith for the rest of the weeks ahead as I try to fulfill the responsibilities I've been given.
On the following Monday, I received a special package from the Single Adults of the Clementi Ward. They had each written notes to me & sent a CD with fun pictures of them. It was a special treat to receive this from the Clementi Ward! It sure made my week as well! =D
I know that our Heavenly Father lives, and that He loves us. He works through others to lift us & let us know that He cares, and that the people around us care as well!
I have to say that from this little event, "I Stand All Amazed" ~Hymn 193~
Hope your week is filled with such experiences as well! Love you all!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home