WEEK 69
This past Thursday we had interviews with our Misison Preseident. We get interviewed once every transfer (Once every six weeks). During interviews, I asked President Beck the golden question of how he met Sister Beck. It was a question I asked in behalf of Sister Atkins (whom I work with at the VC in assisting our VC directors Elder & Sister Pedersen). The day before my interviews, Sister Atkins was interviewed by President. This is Sister Atkins' last transfer...she finishes her mission a week from today! Preseident Beck was worried that he might not have time to interview Sister Atkins on her last day of the mission, so during this interview, he totally gave her the "find an eternal companion and marry in the temple" counsel. hahaha...it was unexpected of course, cuz he wouldn't usually talk about it until the last interview on our final day on the mission. So anyway, Sister Atkins came back from interviews and told me about what had just happened, and then she wondered how President Beck found his eternal companion and married in the temple =) ..hehe..We realized he never really shared that with any of us, so I offered to ask President Beck about it during my interviews the following day.
It was honestly the CUTEST thing EVER! You should have seen our mission president's countenance brighten as he reminisced the day he first met Sister Beck at...you ready for this?...at....A BYU DANCE! hahaha....I don't think Pres even attended BYU...lol...I think he went to U of U (University of Utah)...anyway, he said that he didn't want to go to this dance,Pres Beck was planning to stay home and study for his exams (That is DEFINITELY typical President Beck!), but his roommates kept bugging him about it. . Well, he finally agreed to. And... the rest is history...=D President Beck even described (with dreamy eyes) how he spotted Sister Beck in the crowd and he still remembers the pretty scarf Sister Beck had on that evening, which was probably an important element to catch his attention in such a crowd...hehe. You know what's unique, President Beck served his misison in Germany. And when he gathered the courage to talk to Sister Beck at the dance, guess where she's originally from? Germany! So they hit it right off from the beginning....isn't it cute?
Anyway, I thought I'd share that with you this week, cuz I thought it was REALLY cute...hehe...and I'll never forget the look on President Beck's face during the interview, how rare =P
It was honestly the CUTEST thing EVER! You should have seen our mission president's countenance brighten as he reminisced the day he first met Sister Beck at...you ready for this?...at....A BYU DANCE! hahaha....I don't think Pres even attended BYU...lol...I think he went to U of U (University of Utah)...anyway, he said that he didn't want to go to this dance,Pres Beck was planning to stay home and study for his exams (That is DEFINITELY typical President Beck!), but his roommates kept bugging him about it. . Well, he finally agreed to. And... the rest is history...=D President Beck even described (with dreamy eyes) how he spotted Sister Beck in the crowd and he still remembers the pretty scarf Sister Beck had on that evening, which was probably an important element to catch his attention in such a crowd...hehe. You know what's unique, President Beck served his misison in Germany. And when he gathered the courage to talk to Sister Beck at the dance, guess where she's originally from? Germany! So they hit it right off from the beginning....isn't it cute?
Anyway, I thought I'd share that with you this week, cuz I thought it was REALLY cute...hehe...and I'll never forget the look on President Beck's face during the interview, how rare =P
I know, I know, this story has little to do with missionary work, but it's the best story I've shared so far right?
Love you all! Muak

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home