WEEK 71
One thing I've learned on my mission is to 1. Set goals, 2. Write them down, and 3. Put a date (or dateline) to it. Guess what? IT WORKS! Especially the putting a date to it part. It also helps when we read through our goals frequently/daily so that it is always on the top of our mind and all our actions and work will lead us to that destination we have already planned on.
I reallly enjoyed hearing from mom's e-mail this week about all the things she did while everyone was away at youth conferences, holidays etc. One phrase mom wrote rang a familiar bell to me. Quote: "Well I am glad I managed to fill every waking hour with meaningful activities last week..."
What mom said is actually found in the "Preach My Gospel" book in Chapter 8 "How to Use Time Wisely." There is a phrase in this chapter that I read this past week which motivated one of the goals Sister Hui and I set for our companionship this transfer. It said: "Plan meaningful activities for every hour of the day..." As missionaries we each have a daily planner. We use it to plan EVERYTHING, every detail of our missionary lives. We also plan by the hour or half hour, and especially serving at the Visitors' Center, we have different responsibilities every hour during our 6 hour shift time. (I call this daily planner "My Brain" because my planner contains everything I need to know and do eg.plans for the day, back-up plans for the day, to do lists,lesson plans for investigators,phone numbers,addresses,etc. without "My Brain," I can't function and I can't get a lot done)
Basically, I think mom is pretty much inspired, and what she mentioned about filling her every waking hour with meaningful activities last week is a witness to me that moms are just the best. So I had to come on a mission to master this principle that my parents have already taught me through their example ;-)
I also just received a letter in the mail from Bishop Gordon Foo. Sounds like the family is doing really well in the ward and Bishop also said that the skit you all put up at the "Red and White" talent show was so hilarious! =D Good job family!
Please thank Bishop Foo for sending me that letter. I will also make time to write him and the ward back...especially the single adults. They sent me an envelope of letters and pictures a few months ago but I didn't write them back to thank them yet!! In fact, those letters came at the right time. It was about the time when I was somewhat overwhelmed with feelings of inedequacy with the new responsibilities that I had been assigned to, and I felt I just didn't have anyone around me whom I could confide in. It is true that Heavenly Father sends us his little angels to lift us up when we seek His help. There have been many instances on my mission and even before my mission where I have felt Him send specifiec people in my life. I also know that in many ways it is true that when we are called to our missions, we are also called to our leaders in our missions. Right now we have the perfect mission president and the perfect VC Directors. I have learned so much from them! We also have the perfect Bishop and stake president back in Singapore and I know that the Lord's work in Singapore and Malaysia will continue to grow as we each actively labor in His vineyard. Of course we are not perfect people, but we are perfect for the task at hand!
Keep up the great work, family!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home