WEEK 17
My companions have amazingly strong testimonies and as we teach in the streets, and at the doors of homes and at the visitor's center, we are endowed with power and the spirit is so strong.
I just read a quote in "Preach My Gospel" this morning that I want to share (Ps. every member should own a copy of "Preach My Gospel!").
It's found on page 13. It's a quote by Pres. Howard W. Hunter: "What does the atonement have to do with missionary work? ANytime we experience the blessing of the Atonement in our lives, we cannot help but have a concern for the welfare of others....A great indicator of one's personal conversion is the desire to share the gospel with others." ("The Atonement and Missionary Work," seminar for new mission presidents, June 1994).
Surely, this conversion talked about by Pres. Hunter is what led Alma to feel the way he did in Alma chapter 29 "O THAT I were an angel...!"
I love missionary work, and I love the people here in Oakland. My hope is to continue to become truly converted everyday...I am nowhere close to being such a great missionary as Alma...his understanding of the atonement is greater than mine. But as the Lord has guided me thus far in my life, I am grateful for the many tender mercies He has shown me and how He has constantly placed experiences in my life that humbles me and teaches me to rely upon Him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home