WEEK 53
This past Saturday we had the opportunity to watch the live broadcast of President Hinckley's funeral. I am so glad we got to watch it and the speakers at the service each brought a special memory of the prophet into our hearts. I love the part where they talked about the black walnut tree President Hinckley planted 30 years ago and how they used it to make the pulpit now standing in the conference center.
One of Pres. Hinckley's favorite scripture was mentioned and I'd like to end this week's email with that scripture:
"That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light growth brighter and brighter until the perfect day."
~ D&C 50:24~
I am grateful for the light of the gospel and I know that as we each seek out the greater light of the gospel, we will find strength and guidance from the Lord as he provides it according to our faith and endurance on this path and journey of life. What a great example President Hinckley has set for us in the application of this scripture!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home