Monday, June 30, 2008

WEEK 74

Yay! I'm so glad all the packages I sent arrived safely to their destinations! This week I started to sort out some papers and stuff that I've accumulated from the mission. I read some of the old e-mails mom and dad wrote me these past months. I realized that all of you have been busier than I have been this past year and a half. Or at least it sounds like it in your letters. Thank you for being such good examples to me!

Yesterday Sister Hui and I attended the other Chinese group (not a branch yet) that meets in Dublin (close to where I used to serve in Danville during my full pros months). It is a small group but the members have a very close relationship with one another, and they are very strong members of the church. I had the opportunity to thank Sister Wang and her daughter (a young mother from Taiwan) for helping me take care of Sister Hsiao when she was very sick in Danville. During that transfer I learned a little bit about motherhood as I tried to nurture my companion back to health…but there were days when I was totally exhausted and Heavenly Father would always place people in our path to help carry the burden – My roommates, members of our ward, and especially Sister Wang and her daughter who brought Chinese food and called-in on us just at the right moments. They are like angels sent from heaven =)

Within this year and a half period, I have met so many people who have touched my life. It is a wonderful thing….I recently read the following phrase on a card:
"Too much of a good thing is WONDERFUL"
There are many good things that happen to us in life, and I think when a lot of good things happen to us all at one time…the feeling we get is just wonderful! I feel wonderful right now!

Have a wonderful week!

Ps. Did I tell you that we had a baptism two Saturdays ago, June 21?
Her name is Rita and we are so happy for her! She's about our age, so it is a treat to know another friend from serving this mission! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home