WEEK 18
So the most exciting thing that happened this week was eating at a fast food restaurant for the first time on my mission =) Nah, not really…I mean, we ate at Jack-in-the-Box and I had a hamburger and fries and I haven't had that in a while….
I've met a lot of cool people at the Visitor's Center since I've been here. In July 17, for two weeks, there will be the Oakland Temple Pageant. Thousands of people will come to temple hill and I am so excited for it! We have in display right now, an original copy of the Book of Mormon. It is one of the first five thousand copies printed in 1830. This has brought many people into the Visitor's Center, and as I have had many opportunities to share my testimony of the Book of Mormon and of the Prophet Joseph Smith, my testimony of the gospel has been renewed and strengthened every time I bare testimony of these truths. So, the moral of the story is, always bear your testimony. The more you do, the more Heavenly Father can bless you. It is a simple truth.
I always share with the people how grateful I am for my parents who chose to read the Book of Mormon and gained a testimony of the truthfulness of this Gospel. I am grateful for their faith and the decision they made to raise my family according to the teachings of Jesus Christ. It has been a blessing to be family members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I feel like Nephi when he said in the first book of Nephi "I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents…" I too have been born of goodly parents, and I am eternally grateful for the sacrifices they have made in order for me to come serve the Lord on a full time mission here, right now, in Oakland California!
I've met a lot of cool people at the Visitor's Center since I've been here. In July 17, for two weeks, there will be the Oakland Temple Pageant. Thousands of people will come to temple hill and I am so excited for it! We have in display right now, an original copy of the Book of Mormon. It is one of the first five thousand copies printed in 1830. This has brought many people into the Visitor's Center, and as I have had many opportunities to share my testimony of the Book of Mormon and of the Prophet Joseph Smith, my testimony of the gospel has been renewed and strengthened every time I bare testimony of these truths. So, the moral of the story is, always bear your testimony. The more you do, the more Heavenly Father can bless you. It is a simple truth.
I always share with the people how grateful I am for my parents who chose to read the Book of Mormon and gained a testimony of the truthfulness of this Gospel. I am grateful for their faith and the decision they made to raise my family according to the teachings of Jesus Christ. It has been a blessing to be family members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I feel like Nephi when he said in the first book of Nephi "I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents…" I too have been born of goodly parents, and I am eternally grateful for the sacrifices they have made in order for me to come serve the Lord on a full time mission here, right now, in Oakland California!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home