WEEK 27
I got a hair cut today! Well, just a trim…but it feels good =) Sister Khanakham and I went to Walnut Creek, a town about 10-15 minutes north of Alamo and Danville where I serve. A Thai lady did our hair. She's SO nice! She's had her salon for over 20 years and has been the family salon for many of the members in our Alamo ward. I'll probably go there again if I'm still serving around the area.
This past week Sister Khanakham and I had several experiences where we were at the right place at the right time for the right people. Often, when we plan our day out, we write the names of people we need to visit in our daily planners. We always have backup plans just incase an appointment falls through or if the person who we try to visit is not home. Since my companion and I serve in two wards at a time, we have many names of members and less-active members to remember, and it's quite the challenge =) I'm getting better at putting names to faces and houses and street names, now that it's been 5 weeks since I first came to this area. But guess what?! This Saturday is transfer calls…who knows...maybe I'll be staying in Alamo…?? =) Anymawhoo…Having to remember so many names and people, we have to plan each day carefully to make sure no one (less-active member or investigator) is forgotten.
This past week, my companion and I had the experience of dropping by 3 different less-active homes just at the right time. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of all His children, and he knows each child's needs. He also sends aid when it is most needed. How grateful I am for a mindful father in heaven and how He works through others to provide joy and comfort to those who are in need.
As a family, I hope that each one of us will continue to seek out opportunities to serve others throughout our lives. The sweetest joy comes from service, and knowing that Heavenly Father trusts us enough to be instruments in His hands in reaching out to help and lift one another.
Here on a mission, and especially in this area I am serving right now, I have seen many families that have fallen away from the church or simply lack the understanding of the importance of coming to Church and making and keeping sacred covenants. Their lives are less complete. Even if they are rich in the things of the world, they lack true joy and happiness, and the peace that this gospel can bring to the family unit. Through the many challenges that every individual and family faces, some have come to realize the blessings that they have been missing out on and start to remember the role of our Savior in this great plan of Salvation:
"He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation." (1 Nephi 26:24)
I know that Jesus is the Christ. By applying the atonement in our daily lives, we are able to become more like our Heavenly Father. For this is why we have chosen to come to this earth. All we need to do is to always remember, and hold on to the iron rod!
This past week Sister Khanakham and I had several experiences where we were at the right place at the right time for the right people. Often, when we plan our day out, we write the names of people we need to visit in our daily planners. We always have backup plans just incase an appointment falls through or if the person who we try to visit is not home. Since my companion and I serve in two wards at a time, we have many names of members and less-active members to remember, and it's quite the challenge =) I'm getting better at putting names to faces and houses and street names, now that it's been 5 weeks since I first came to this area. But guess what?! This Saturday is transfer calls…who knows...maybe I'll be staying in Alamo…?? =) Anymawhoo…Having to remember so many names and people, we have to plan each day carefully to make sure no one (less-active member or investigator) is forgotten.
This past week, my companion and I had the experience of dropping by 3 different less-active homes just at the right time. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of all His children, and he knows each child's needs. He also sends aid when it is most needed. How grateful I am for a mindful father in heaven and how He works through others to provide joy and comfort to those who are in need.
As a family, I hope that each one of us will continue to seek out opportunities to serve others throughout our lives. The sweetest joy comes from service, and knowing that Heavenly Father trusts us enough to be instruments in His hands in reaching out to help and lift one another.
Here on a mission, and especially in this area I am serving right now, I have seen many families that have fallen away from the church or simply lack the understanding of the importance of coming to Church and making and keeping sacred covenants. Their lives are less complete. Even if they are rich in the things of the world, they lack true joy and happiness, and the peace that this gospel can bring to the family unit. Through the many challenges that every individual and family faces, some have come to realize the blessings that they have been missing out on and start to remember the role of our Savior in this great plan of Salvation:
"He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation." (1 Nephi 26:24)
I know that Jesus is the Christ. By applying the atonement in our daily lives, we are able to become more like our Heavenly Father. For this is why we have chosen to come to this earth. All we need to do is to always remember, and hold on to the iron rod!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home