WEEK 54
Five of us Chinese sisters each got a Chinese traditional outfit(Qi2 Pao1),just the top instead of the full dress, and we wore it on that day.
It's been 4 years since I've really celebrated Chinese New Year, and it felt so good to be able to celebrate with my mission family this year in REAL Chinese style!
Yesterday Sister Hsiao and I were able to bring one of our investigators, Wayne, to the "Why I Believe" Fireside. It happened to be the night that Randy Hoffman was to speak - the 14 year old youngman from Danville who got baptized Nov 17,2007! I was thrilled to be able to hear him speak along with another awesome recent convert, Janet, whom I've been privilege to know and love as we met at the Visitors' Center a few weeks before she was baptized.
The spirit was so strong at this fireside (as usual) and we were uplifted by the testimonies of each new convert. We challenged Wayne to pray about a baptism date last night. He agreed to and we are so excited for him! We will be watching the Joseph Smith movie with him this Wednesday.
I just want to end with a scripture found in Moroni 7:38,40-41.
"For no man can be saved, according to the words of Christ, save they shall have faith in his name; wherefore, if these things have ceased, then has faith ceased also; and awful is the state of man, for they are as though there had been no redemption made.
And again, my beloved brethren, I would speak unto you concerning hope. How is it that ye can attain unto faith, save ye shall have hope?
And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise."
Moroni chapter 7 is an amazing chapter filled with hidden treasure. I encourage you to read this chapter this week and pray and ponder upon the things that you've read. I promise you will see how the Spirit can work in your own life as well as in the lives of those around you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home