Monday, August 27, 2007

WEEK 30

Guess who I met at church (Danville 1st ward) yesterday?! Elder Long who used to serve in KL branch about the time mom had cancer. He still remembers the Chong family, of course. He's at BYU right now and knows ALL the Singaporeans from the Singaporean Association club. He was the treasurer of the club last Winter Semester. He knows the Nelsons who are from the Danville 1st ward and came down to visit them. small world!
Anyway, the REAL highlight of my week was yesterday at Relief Society class. The lesson was on Pres. Faust's last General Conference talk "The Healing Power of Forgiveness." Several sisters were asked to share some of their personal experiences with forgiveness and how their hearts were healed. They were powerful stories that truly touched my heart. Each one went through a lot of trials that were totally out of their control. They suffered because of the unrighteous acts or choices of others, especially loved ones. One sister mentioned she learned that "Forgiveness" means to "give in first." Another sister shared that forgiveness doesn't require the person at fault to ask for forgiveness. We need to forgive them whether or not they choose to repent and amend for the damage they've done. During that meeting I felt an eagerness to do as these sisters have done – to truly let the hurtful things of the past go. Most importantly, they let the power of forgiveness and the atonement of Jesus Christ heal their broken hearts. A sense of peace and love washed over me as I sat in that room. I tried really hard not to sob as the tears kept flowing down my cheeks. This past week I have thought a lot about our family and the challenges we've had to overcome and are still overcoming together. It has been on my mind a lot lately. In answer to my countless prayers, I felt like Heavenly Father prepared that Relief Society lesson especially for me. As I listened to the sisters share about their experiences, I felt that if these sisters could overcome such difficult trials in their lives, I could too. I am grateful for Church and the inspired leaders of the church. I know they are called of God.
As a missionary, we give of ourselves all of the time. But when Sunday comes, I feel so grateful to be on the receiving end of Spiritual uplifting. By attending Sacrament meeting and Sunday classes, I receive spiritual nourishment and strength to continue on for the next six days of the week. Thank goodness for the Sabbath Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home