WEEK 31
Yesterday at Church Sister Hsiao and I were a coupoe minutes early and we spent that few minutes talking with a recently baptized brother who was sitting by the door to the chapel. While my companion and that brother were talking, I turned to greet several people into the chapel. Most of them were hurrying to get a seat just before Sacrament meeting started. The first and only person that I got to shake hands with and welcome in to Sacrament meeting happened to be a sister in about her mid 50's or 60's who was visiting from American Fork, Utah. She was excited to meet me as my companion and I were Chinese. She mentioned her non-member brother who just dropped her off at church that morning loved going to China. She said she wished he had come along with her to church so he could have met us. We soon took our seats and Fast and Testimony meeting started. On the program, Sister Hsiao was to offer the opening prayer and I was to offer the closing prayer. At the end of the meeting right after I stepped down from the pulpit (after offering the prayer), the same visiting sister I met at the beginning of Sacrament meeting came up to me, her eyes moist. She looked me in the eye as she held up a piece of information written on the front page of the program sheet and said: "Sister, I just felt inspired to write this down and give it to you. I am the only convert in my family. I have a brother in San Francisco and one here in Danville who just dropped me off at church. They are very good Christians but have a world-wise understanding of the LDS church…(meaning they don't feel comfortable about what they've heard about Mormons). But her brother and sister-in-law who lives in this area recently was not pleased with the church they were attending and have stopped going to their church. She gave me that sheet of paper with their names and address on it and wanted my companion and I to make a visit to their home. She mentioned that she wasn't planning to come to church today since her family had plans to go out that Sunday morning. But since no one was awake on time, she decided she would go to Sacrament meeting and go home just in time before everyone got ready to leave the house for their planned activity. I was touched by her spirit as she shared all these things with me and we both had tears in our eyes as we talked. She left right after Sacrament meeting and I knew she knew too, that it was no accident that we met at the front door of the chapel before the meeting started and I was assigned to give the closing prayer so she could find me right away among the some two to three hundred people in the room.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home