Tuesday, September 11, 2007

WEEK 32

I am not trying to scare you or be dramatic or anything. Take the following report as just another normal update from Sister Chong =)

Last Thursday my companion Sister Hsiao did another procedure to find out what has been causing her stomach pains and problems. The specialist diagnosed her with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and prescribed her a new medication. She did not react well to both the procedure and the new medication. Saturday afternoon found us at the emergency room with President and Sister Beck by my side. It wasn't frantic at all, really. At least to me it wasn't. Or perhaps I acted too calmly, as you all know I don't react very excitedly, like most people do, to very high stress situations. (One time (2 transfers ago) Sister Scholl almost got hit by another car…he missed us by 2 inches!...and both Sister Hsiao and Sister Scholl screamed so LOUD!....but as for me, my heart just skipped a beat as I thought to myself: "The man is going to barely miss our car"…and he did – he barely missed our car. That was it. *shrug*) So you get the idea =)
Perhaps it is because of my mentality of things and situations that causes me to react the way I do. I always feel that things will work out fine and we are in the Lord's care. So I worry less.

I remember an e-mail mom sent me in 2004 when I was in BYU-Hawaii. She said when she was in CENFAD studying art, her teacher had them draw/paint expressions and feelings like anger, love, happiness, etc. When it came to "surprise," the teacher looked at mom's drawing and said: "I guess nothing really surprises you anymore!" Mom has been through so much that she said perhaps nothing really surprises her anymore…Well, think of all six children and the exciting hospital visits we've made…hehe…I've been to maybe ¼ of those countless doctor's visits. I even saw Ray get 10 stitches on his head, how they cleaned the open wound and all!
So anyways, my companion is doing fine. She just needs plenty of rest and LOTS of water/electrolyte in her body, and good Chinese food. I'm glad I know how to take care of sick people...sick Chinese people anyway, thanks to 5 siblings in the home and a good mom!

Through this time of difficulty, Sister Hsiao and I have experienced many miracles everyday. The miracle of staying alive and overcoming sickness is definitely a big one. Also, those hours spent bed-ridden has given us the opportunity for spiritual growth and to spiritually strengthen ourselves. We've read Ensign Talks, family letters, listened to amazing talks on CD, talked about our life and testimony, etc. We have grown a lot from this rare experience.

I hope that we may each remember to pause in our life and evaluate the progress we've made on this journey of life – not just this earth life, but the progress we've made from the pre-mortal life to the eternities!
The scripture of the week for me is D&C section 11. I will share verse 7 with you today: "Seek not for riches but for wisdom; and, behold, the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto you, and then shall you be made rich. Behold, he that hath eternal life is rich."

Thanks for all the letters, pictures, and wonderful e-mails you have sent me this week! I can't stop smiling right now because of all that I've heard and seen from you this week…Keep writing!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home