Monday, September 17, 2007

WEEK 33

This week Mom asked about the member referral we got from a sister who visited our ward 3 Sundays ago. Sister Hsiao and I dropped by their home earlier this past week and left a Together Forever DVD and a note on their door since nobody was home. Yesterday we dropped by again and Mr. Lenhart answered the door. Just like many other Christians, Mr. Lenhart was not interested in learning more about the Mormons, claiming that he has read about us and does not believe in the things that we do. The good news is that we didn't get to meet Mrs Lenhart but maybe she will watch the Together Forever DVD and want to learn more…you never know! The final chapter is not written yet…Remember back in June/July when I wrote to you about the Chinese man who we Fast-Tracted into? I called him every Saturday night to invite him and his family to church for about 5 weeks. He declined every time. But on the last Saturday of the transfer, he called me back and told me about his dying father and how his father dreamed of Jesus Christ several times even though he didn't know who Jesus Christ was. That incident opened a door to helping this family learn about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ!

This weekend is the musical fireside by the Saints Unified Voices Choir, directed by Gladys Knight. We have a lot of investigators and less active members who will be attending this fireside. Sister Hsiao and I will be going to the Sunday 8:15pm section with a new investigator and his member cousins. We are SO excited for this. He is ready to be baptized soon and we are excited to teach him the lessons this week! Funny how everything has to happen at the end of the transfer!

I got a quote from Relief Society this week that I really liked. Mom wrote me an e-mail several weeks ago that really connected with what Joseph Smith said:

"Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
Happiness is to be found along the way, not at the end.
For then the journey is over and it is too late.
The time for happiness is today, not tomorrow."
~ Joseph Smith ~

This transfer has definitely been a very happy journey for me. I have never laughed so much in a very looooooooong time. And it wasn't that I was unhappy these past few years, it's just that, I didn't realize how much more room there is for me to smile and laugh in a day! And the best part is that it CAN get even happier than this!
I am grateful for the hard and sad times that make life more meaningful and how it makes the happy times ten times happier!
Thanks mom, for reminding me about the journey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home